Apply for Grants > Youth Neighborhood Association Partnership Program
YNAPP offers grants for $1,000 for youth to create and implement neighborhood-based service learning projects of their own design. Youth are project leaders and work towards ways to make changes in their neighborhoods and throughout the community based on their ideas and their vision for their neighborhood.
Photos & Videos
• encourages youth to take ownership of their neighborhoods and work with adults and local businesses to make it a better place to live
• gives them the opportunity to participate in the betterment of their communities
• taps youths’ underutilized assets and provides opportunities, resources, funds, and guidance
• enables youth to become involved in their communities by helping to improve their neighborhoods
Nov. 22, 2013
• Youth participants between ages of 8 and 18 (from neighborhood associations, social organizations, religious groups, educational institutions, etc.) are eligible to apply for YNAPP funding.
• Any property valued at $500 or more must be inventoried and must be accounted for at the end of the program year.
• List the adult and youth leader that will be the point of contract throughout the completion of project
• Be developed and implemented by youth at every stage with adults serving as advisors
• Address a neighborhood need
• Occur within the city of Las Vegas limits
• Match the grant funds with volunteer time, in-kind donations of goods and services and/or financial contributions (volunteer time is valued at $21.79 per hour). volunteer hours can be 100 percent of neighborhood match
Funding may not be used:
• For overhead costs
• For salaries or wages
• For fundraising activities
• For direct donations to other organizations
• To supplement city programs or activities
• By city staff on city time
• Any other cost the city of Las Vegas considers unacceptable
Sample Projects, include but are not limited to:
• Developing care packages
• Youth art/mural projects
• Reading projects
• Services for the homeless
• Repairing and refurbishing donated books to give to senior centers
• Providing home maintenance services to disabled seniors Application and review process
There is an annual application process and the appointed YNAPP Grant Review Board reviews all applications. Technical assistance is provided to grant recipients by city staff, and monthly project reports are required until project completion. Grant recipients are required to sign a contract with the city of Las Vegas, outlining the group’s project commitment, and projects are expected to be completed between February and June, 2014.
See exhibits below for a list of dates and locations where two YNAPP workshops are being presented. The workshops will discuss how to develop a project and specifics about the YNAPP program. Instructions on how to access ZoomGrants will be provided, discussing how to input the YNAPP application and download required attachments.
YNAPP Workshop List
To input your YNAPP application in ZoomGrants
Apply for 2013-2014 YNAPP Online (this link will take you to the application at ZoomGrants.com) All applicants for the YNAPP grant program must use this online system.
Application attachments (located on zoomgrants site)
These attachments need to be downloaded, completed, and submitted with the application through the ZoomGrants website.
#1 Project Location Permission Letter (attachment in zoomgrants)
#2 Volunteer Hours Pledge Sheet
#3 Application Certification Form
For more information or questions, please contact Lisa Campbell at (702) 229-5406
or via e-mail at email@example.com