Apply for Grants > Community Development Block Grant
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program has positively impacted the city for more than 20 years.
Federal entitlement funds are appropriated by Congress and provided to the city of Las Vegas from the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development’s CDBG program. Las Vegas’ CDBG program is designed to help revitalize deteriorating neighborhoods and to assist residents whose income cannot fully provide for life’s basic necessities. The city partners with non-profit agencies to provide Public Service Programs to low and moderate income City of Las Vegas residents.
Funded annually through Congress, the program provides citizen input in the decision-making process including: conducting focus group meetings to identify community needs, soliciting grant proposals from non-profit organizations, holding public hearings and making funding recommendations to the City Council.
For more information about CDBG Public Service funds, please call the Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services Department (Public Service Unit) at (702) 229-2330.
FY 2014-2015 CDBG APPLICATIONS
The application process for FY 14/15 will open on December 2, 2013. Applications are available through ZoomGrants, an online paperless process. You will find links below for information relating to the CDBG Public Service Program and the application process.
Apply for 2014-2015 CDBG Online (Click here for a direct link to Zoom Grants)
(This link will take you to the application at ZoomGrants.com) All applicants for CDBG Public Service must use this online system. No paper applications will be accepted.
Application Attachments (located on ZoomGrants site)
These attachments need to be downloaded, completed, and submitted with the application through the ZoomGrants website.
- Certifications: Compliance Document & Certification Of Application
- Budget Form Spreadsheet
- Three-Year Funding History
- In-Kind Explanation Form
- Performance Measures Form
- All agencies must be an IRS 501 C(3) or (4) Non-Profit in good standing to apply.
- Agencies must have been in business at least one year prior to the application release date.
- NOTES: ONLY one Application per agency will be accepted.
- To apply for CDBG Public Service funds, agencies must have an agency budget of at least $60,000 which may include up to 25% In-Kind.
- Agencies must have a minimum 25% match which can be agency cash or committed funds.
- Agencies must be in good standing with the Nevada Secretary of State’s Office.
- Agencies must have a current City of Las Vegas Business License for the address where the services will be provided.
- The award of any agreement based on applications received in response to this NFA is contingent upon the City's receipt of its entitlement federal funding received annually from the United States Housing and Urban Development Department (HUD).
Potential applicants for the City of Las Vegas Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program should review the eligibility criteria, program regulations, policies and procedures found in the CDBG Public Service Program Manual. (link below)
- Application Release: December 2, 2013
- Application Submission Deadline: January 8, 2014, 3:00PM
- Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstance.
Technical Assistance Meetings:
Organizations planning to apply for City of Las Vegas Grant Funding are encouraged to attend one of the application workshops as there are important changes. Please RSVP your attendance at (702) 229-2330.
Technical Assistance Workshops will be held on two separate dates, and at two different locations, please see information below for details.
December 2nd will be held at City Hall in the HR Conference Rooms
1st Floor City Hall 495 S. Main Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- December 2, 2013 First Time Applicants from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- December 2, 2013 First Time Applicants from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- December 2, 2013 Returning CDBG Applicants from 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- December 2, 2013 ESG Applicants from 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
December 11th meetings will be held at the Fifth Street School
401 S. 4th Street Las Vegas, NV 89101
- December 11, 2013 First Time Applicants from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- December 11, 2013 First Time Applicants from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- December 11, 2013 Returning CDBG Applicants from 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
For more information on Technical Assistance Meetings, please see the HUD Application Manual.
After the submission deadline, PRNS staff reviews all applications for applicant and project eligibility. Applicants are sent a letter of explanation if the application is ineligible for CDBG funding. All eligible applications are made available to the Community Development Recommending Board (CDRB) members. The CDRB is a thirteen (13) member citizen board appointed by Mayor and City Council. The CDRB review the applications and listen to oral presentations (usually in February and early March) in order to assist with funding recommendations, which are provided to Mayor and City Council for final approval at a City Council meeting. The City Council makes the final decision on CDBG project allocations, typically in April. The CDBG grant funding year runs July 1st through June 30th.
Informal notices of application availability are emailed to individuals and organizations who have requested to be on the Grant release emailing list. Call (702) 229-4912 or email Shawn Bolster to request to be added to the notification list. Formal Notice of the Availability of Funds and release of applications is published in the Las Vegas Review Journal.