Apply for Grants > Immediate Needs Assistance Program
Immediate Needs Assistance Program (INAP)
Brief Description of this grant opportunity:
The Immediate Needs Assistance Program (INAP) is a pilot program created by the city in an effort to transition from HPRP (which has expired) to the new Emergency Solutions Grant program. The initial contract period between the city and Subrecipient is for 6 months, with a required three-month progress report.
The city is creating a direct client services model, where the city can refer clients directly to the non-profits who receive this funding for immediate assistance. The INAP Grant is administered by the Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services Department, utilizing $700,000 in 9% RDA Set-Aside funds.
The purpose of the grant is to assist those people who are suddenly in a crisis through no fault of their own. The City realizes that there is a need for people who, through immediate assistance, would be able to sustain the housing they are in or be placed into housing and stabilize within a short timeframe (1 to 6 months).
The Assistance can be used to pay for rent, security deposits (non-refundable), utility deposits and payments, utility and rental arrears (maximum 2 months), and /or costs associated with moving. It may also be used for essential services such as birth certificates, work cards, NV ID, and bus passes.
For more information about INAP funds, please call the Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services Department (Community Resources Division) at (702) 229-2330.
FY 2012-2013 INAP APPLICATION
The application process for FY 12/13 will open on August 21, 2012, a mandatory application workshop will be held the same day. Applications are available through ZoomGrants an online paperless process.
* HUD ESG & INAP Application Manual – General Information
* INAP Application Instructions 2012-13
Apply for 2012-2013 INAP Online (Click here for a direct link to Zoom Grants) All applicants for the INAP Program must use this on-line system. No paper applications will be accepted.
- All agencies must be an IRS 501 C(3) or (4) Non-Profit in good standing to apply.
- Agencies must have been in business at least one year prior to the application release date.
- Agencies must be in good standing with the Nevada Secretary of State’s Office.
- Agencies must have a current city of Las Vegas Business License for the address where the services will be provided.
Potential applicants for the city of Las Vegas Immediate Needs Assistance Program (INAP) should review the eligibility criteria, program regulations, policies and procedures found in the ESG & INAP Application Program Manual.
- Mandatory Technical Assistance Meeting Tuesday Aug. 21, 2012 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Meeting will be held at City Hall, 495 S. Main St.
o ***applicants must sign in by 1:30 p.m.
- Application Release: Aug. 21, 2012
- Application Submission Deadline: Monday Sept. 10, 2012 at 4 p.m.
- Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstance.
Notice of Application
Formal Notice of the Availability of Funds and release of applications was published in the Las Vegas Review Journal on Saturday Aug. 11, 2012.