Find Programs > Retail Assistance Program
The city of Las Vegas designed its Retail Downtown Las Vegas program to assist retailers with finding locations, as well as aid developers, commercial brokers and property owners with recruiting high-quality tenants for our urban area through the following:
- Recommending successful city programs and incentives that can entice retailers to enter the downtown market.
- Providing expedited assistance to property owners and tenants within our Redevelopment Areas for structural improvements and ground-up development.
- Identifying existing retail trade areas and anchor development that provides the highest and best use for ground-floor commercial, office and downtown residential uses.
Information-oriented services are another key element of the Retail Downtown Las Vegas program. Staff provides information on up-to-date market data and current demographic trends, conducts downtown retail tours and promotes the city during key retail-oriented conventions and conferences.
Recent retail success stories include:
- Recruitment of a Dollar General Grocery store and El Pollo Loco fast-casual restaurant for the West Las Vegas area.
- Aiding with the recruitment of tenants for the Fremont Street Experience and downtown’s entertainment district, Fremont East.
- Obtaining the MTO Cafe on the ground level of the City Hall parking garage, as well as a Jimmy John’s on the southeast corner of the City Hall Building.
- Currently working on the location of a Buffalo Exchange store in the downtown area.
For further details on Retail Downtown Las Vegas, please e-mail or call (702) 229-6100.