The city of Las Vegas currently is accepting applications for those Las Vegas residents that require short-term (less than 3 months) rental assistance. The applicant must be a city resident, have sustainable income (i.e., job, intent to hire letter, child support, retirement pension, Social Security income, Social Security Disability income, or unemployment compensation) and provide the following initial documentation (where applicable):
- Proof of crisis (eviction notice, foreclosure notice, etc.);
- State of Nevada picture identification for all adults in the household;
- Social Security cards and birth certificates for everyone in the household;
- Letter from District Attorney’s Office regarding child support;
- Copy of complete lease agreement or referral from shelter/homeless outreach provider;
- Proof of ALL income in the household;
- Bank statements for the last 90 days.
Applicants must have all of their documentation and reside within the city of Las Vegas. To check city of Las Vegas residency, enter an address for verification online.
Interested residents may pick up an application Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m.) at the Corridor of Hope Center located at 1581 Main St., Las Vegas, NV 89101 (inside the Salvation Army Family Services Center). Submission of an application and documentation does not constitute approval of assistance. Additional information may be required to determine eligibility for assistance.
For more information, please call (702) 229-4273 or (702) 229-4280. More helpful information may be found online at www.lasvegasnevada.gov/foreclosure and on the Parks, Recreation & Neighborhood Services Web page.