Steps To Get Healthy
Get Movin’ With The Mayor
Set Healthy Goals
- Participate in 30 minutes of moderate physical activity per day.
- Consume fewer calories than you expend.
- Eat smaller meals 3 to 5 times per day: preferably whole grains, lean proteins, fruits and vegetables.
- Get preventive screenings.
- Get between 7 and 9 hours of restful sleep per night.
- Consume ½ your body weight (lbs.) in ounces of water daily.
Corrective & Preventative Activities
- Walk briskly to and from lunch; take the stairs instead of the elevator, play with your children or pets.
- Determine your daily caloric intake and eat accordingly.
- Use the Food Pyramid guidelines when choosing meals.
- Make your annual check-up the same date as your auto expiration.
- Remove the television from your room to increase restful sleep.
- Aim to drink a 16-ounce glass of water before each meal.