The Public Works Department is responsible for managing all facets of wastewater treatment for the cities of Las Vegas, to meet and exceed state and federal requirements for the safe return of water to the Las Vegas Wash and Lake Mead. This is done at three city facilities: the Water Pollution Control Facility, the Bonanza Mojave Water Resource Center and the Durango Hills Water Resource Center.
Water Pollution Control Facility
- The city of Las Vegas Water Pollution Control Facility (WPCF) is located at 6005 East Vegas Valley Drive. Although this is an around-the-clock operation, business hours are Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and closed Friday. For more information on the Water Pollution Control Facility, call (702) 229-6200.
- Tours have currently been suspended at the city’s Water Pollution Control Facility due to major construction projects currently underway. Tours are anticipated to resume sometime in the fall of 2012.
- Measures have been taken to improve odor control through chemical addition, by eliminating the use of sludge drying beds, and by enclosing initial treatment processes under dome-like covers.
- Water Pollution Control Facility Brochure
Durango Hills Water Resource Center
- The Durango Hills Water Resource Center is located at 3271 North Durango Drive. Business hours are 6 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
- For more information regarding Durango Hills Water Resource Center please call (702) 229-1400.
- Durango Hills Water Resource Center Brochure