Prior to the building process, there is a planning and development process that may involve required zoning, aesthetic review, variances and permit approval. In addition, subdividing and land development requirements will require engineering review. Call 702-229-6251 and a representative will assist you in filling out required permit applications. Only a Nevada licensed contractor may obtain a building permit for commercial construction.
Express Plan Review
The owner/builder team meets with the plans examiners and they work until plans are approved and permits are ready to be issued. The cost is a non-refundable $550 administrative fee and $660 per hour over and above the regular published plan review fees. The keys to a successful express appointment includes a pre-review appointment to evaluate your plans in the design stage and point out potential problem areas. The fee for a pre-review appointment starts at $176 per hour. To make an appointment, please call 702-229-6251.
Typical Plans Check Delays
We thoroughly review all aspects of submissions for code compliance, there are some common issues to avoid.
- Improper setbacks
- Plans don't match approved elevations
- Missing or improper truss calculations and layout
- Inconsistencies between plans
- Problems with fire walls and fire barriers
- Exiting problems
- Fire resistant assembly details incomplete
- International Energy Conservation Code incorrectly calculated
- Accessibility routes of access for handicapped not shown
- Electrical load calculations not provided, or incorrect
- Civil drawings not submitted or approved, grading plans, flood studies, traffic studies, bonds and agreements, etc.